If you've had a few CUE Vapor pods stashed away in a cupboard for a while, it's only natural to wonder whether they'll still be okay to use. So, let's find out more about how long e-liquid lasts before going bad.
What is e-liquid made from?
Our eLiquids usually contain the following ingredients:
- Vegetable Glycerine (VG) – a base ingredient of all e-liquids. It gives the vape its pleasant, sweet flavor.
- Propylene Glycol (PG) – another base ingredient that acts as a carrier for the e-liquid's specific flavorings.
- Nicotine – a substance that occurs naturally in several species of plants.
- Flavorings – these ingredients give the vapor its distinct flavor.
How long does e-liquid last? The lifespan of e-liquid depends on the specific mixture of ingredients used. Most have an expiration date of one to two years from their formulation.
How should you store e-liquid?
To ensure your e-liquid remains fresh, follow these storage guidelines:
- Keep it away from direct sunlight to prevent ingredient breakdown. Store your pods in a dark cupboard or drawer, avoiding windowsills or cars.
- Avoid heat as warm air can shorten the lifespan of natural ingredients. Store your pods in a cool location where temperatures are unlikely to exceed 25°C.
- Maintain airtight conditions by securely tightening pod or cartridge lids to prevent air from seeping in.
How to tell if e-liquid is expired?
Similar to other consumable products, there are signs to indicate if your vape juice has expired and should not be used:
- Change in smell: If your e-liquid has an unpleasant or unusual smell, it may have expired.
- Separation: While ingredient separation is normal over time, if shaking doesn't resolve the issue and ingredients remain separated, it suggests expiration.
- Discoloration: Unusual or unexpected changes in color indicate that your e-liquid may be expired.
How to read CUE Vapor expiration dates
All of our CUE Vapor eLiquids come in pods, individually packed and sealed as part of our quality measures.
To check the validity of pods, look for the black manufactured date printed on the back in a white box e.g. (MDF: 01 .JAN .2023) The string of numbers indicates the production date, Expiration date is two years from their formulation.